Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Quilting for Family

This was the year for spiral table runners.  I made 3, one for my daughter and 2 for my daughter-in-laws.  I tried to choose fabrics that I thought would suit each of them.  The first is for my daughter-in-law, Jae, who lives in Albuquerque.  I chose warm colors that I thought depicted their environment.




This green and black table runner is for my daughter, Anna.  She once wanted a lime green jacket, and I wouldn't buy it for her.  I hope she enjoys the different greens in this one.



The 3rd is for my daughter-in-law, Susan.  I thought these colors looked like her, and I loved the fabric with all of the words of faith.  I knew she would enjoy them, also.



These were fun to make.  I had made one before, but it was difficult to machine quilt.  This year, I bought a sewing machine for my granddaughters for Christmas, and I wanted to try it out before I gave it to them.  It had a walking foot, which my Janome does not have.  It worked beautifully on these projects.

Whatever you made for gifts for Christmas this year, I hope you had as much fun sewing as I did.  Merry Christmas to all!

1 comment:

  1. They are very cute table runners and I love the colours in all three of them. I've had great fun making my Christmas gifts this year and I'm looking forward to making more next year. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete