Monday, January 12, 2015

More Library Quilts

In April, I posted a picture of the first library quilt I made for my daughter.  Since then, I have completed 2 more quilts.  That leaves 2 more to go--she has 5 school libraries.  I plan on starting on the 4th this month.  Here, I am including pictures of the 2nd and 3rd quilts I made for Anna.

"Grab a Book and Grow" came about after seeing a picture of a tree with books for leaves.  I made these books 3-dimensional.  It was lots of fun looking for appropriate fabric for children's books.  I used a leaf pattern to free-motion quilt the borders.



Next, I found a poster of a boy reading a book, and all kinds of objects were just jumping out of the book.  It was really fun to turn into this quilt.  I have plans to make another one of these some day.  I think it is my favorite, so far.




I'm not very good with faces, but I loved this concept.  I hope you enjoy these.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Kathy, I'm impressed with all your posts! It's neat to see your photos! I assume you have your Mardi Gras purse tutorial typed up too? I'll have Mom's butterfly quilt out Friday night so you can see it. :)

    ReplyDelete