Monday, September 16, 2013

Aren't Grandchildren the Best!

My DH and I are visiting in CO from Illinois for a couple of weeks while our son and daughter-in-law are in Italy.  Oh, the fun we are having with our granddaughters, Julia and Lauren.

                                      We did a science experiment--we made rock candy!  Yum!




                           We ordered pizza and watched "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe".



We baked pies--Julia made chocolate cream,






and Lauren made Kentucky Derby.




The girls made chocolate chip pancakes for supper--no help needed from Grandma--I fried the sausage and baked the bacon.




 We've practiced the violin and the cello.  Well, they have practiced, and I have enjoyed listening.  Plus, we have been to cello and violin lessons--along with acrobatics.


We still need to go out for frozen yogurt, do some crafts and sewing, and make home-made noodles.
I'll be tired when we leave next week, but I am certainly enjoying the time I spend with them and the memories we are making.  Thank you, Luke and Susan, for going on vacation and leaving us with your precious daughters.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a perfectly heavenly time. I haven't made rock candy in years and I miss the cooking when the children were small. I haven't got grand children yet but running Brownies and Guides means I get to 'borrow' other peoples children when we go on camp and then do loads of exciting activities with them

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very productive visit, the pies look delicious.

    ReplyDelete